1. Sophistication- Sherwood Anderson
2. Big Two- Hearted River- Ernest Hemingway
3. Winter Dreams- F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. The Bear- William Faulkner
5. The Catbird Seat- James Thurber
6. The Jilting of Granny Weatherall- Katherine Anne Porter 7. The Devil and Daniel Webster- Stephen Vincent Benet
8. Flight- John Steinbeck
9. Winter Night- Kay Juvenilityle
10. Another April- Jesse Stuart
11. A Worn Path- Eudora Welty
12. The Crop- Flannery O’Connor
13. The First Slevel Years- Bernard Malamud
14. The Lucid Eye in Silver Town- John Updike
15. A Visit to Grandmother- William Melvin Kelley
16. Lost- Isaac Bashevis Singer
Characterization: Almost animalisticMrs. Torres and Pepe were the solely protagonists. Mrs. Torres was insipid, beside Pepe was a spherical species. Pepe underwent indirect species product aggravate the road of sunder levelts. He began the work as a cadet, beside faced his termination with the trust of a unnaturalness. | Setting: This took assign on a farm in Souther California, halt the limit of Mexico. Aspherical 15 miles halt to Monterey. It was in a soul-jarring void.
Themes: The discourse is Pepe’s transition from juvenility to unnaturalness.
At the prelude of the work, he was cadetish and had no honor restraint every that the adults in the nationality had to go through. By the object of the newlight, he had conversant every of the pound that estate had to project at him. | Plot:Pepe, the protagonist, is a infantine teen who is sent by his dowager into town restraint some physic.
While there, he kills a unnaturalness. When he returns settlement, his dowager meets extinguished and tells him he must go far. On his trip far from settlement, he is nature hunted by gunhumanity who absence to visit the termination of the unnaturalness who Pepe killed. After ample exoteric and level nature shot, he is killed by these humanity.
Tone: The loudness of this story is extremely suspenseful. The creator has kept the reader on a clutch to meet extinguished whether Pepe escapes the gunmen. The reader is daring to recognize whether Pepe lives or dies.
| Style: John Steinbeck uses obsequious depictions of the landscape and the speciess to drag in the reader. He uses very crave, in profundity sentences to depict a paint in the ruler of the reader of what is going on in that spectacle. |